Wednesday, February 4, 2009

run/walk + music

I had a bad run/walk day today.

I was only planning to play ball in the afternoon to loosen up but since the ball mysteriously disappeared from the garage I was forced to run instead.

I hadn't primed myself for a run so early in the day. After two days of not running my muscles were tight. I was starting to get bored with my usual "house" run and was planning to take a different route. But as I started with my warm-up walk I kept getting phone calls about a relative's medication changes. In the end I decided to forgo trying out the new route.

An hour after the cool down my knees started aching a bit. As if the bad run was not enough, I had to make the mistake of having an inadequate pre- and post-run stretching. I hate to wake up tomorrow with sore thighs and knees.


There is one good thing about today's run though. I found new music to run to!

For some weird reason Uh Huh Her's brand of indie electropop is just right for my easy runs.

Too bad I couldn't find good videos of the electropop and synthy album versions. Here is the acoustic version of "Common Reaction" and a stripped down version of "Say So" instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment