Thursday, June 4, 2009

just doing their job

Traffic was a little better today. It was kind of a lopsided day. It was human traffic that drained me.

It was still raining when I got off the bus at EDSA Central. As soon as I entered the building I got suckered into a conversation with a Chinese Amway sales agent. I'm not sure if he just did not understand what I was saying or if he just did not want to take no for an answer. For 15 minutes I went along and humored him. I took his card, gave a false number and hurried along.

Next stop I was accosted by a magazine saleswoman offering raffle tickets for a trip to Dubai. A few days before I had already filled up a raffle ticket for a trip to Australia that looked exactly the same as the Dubai ticket. I politely declined the offer and continued perusing the Asian Geographic Passport.

Walking across the mall I knew I was going to be a good target for a lot of sales agent. I had that "I'm lost" look on me, plus I was alone. I walked hurriedly along avoiding eye contact.

Barely walking a kilometer I must have said no to 7 sales agent already. Very politely, if I may add. You really can't harbor any bad feelings towards them. They are all just doing their job. I just wish that they wouldn't be so mean and demeaning sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment